Jillian C. York writes:

> Since I already have more skepticism of Google Ideas and Jared Cohen than I
> need, let me pose this question:
>
> With the understanding that uProxy provides no anonymity protections, *is
> it providing anything that other circumvention tools do not already?*
> What's unique about it?

It seems to me that there's a larger pool of IP addresses that are potentially
less convenient to blacklist (although I'm concerned that the colo/residential
IP address distinction beloved of antispam activists could lead some
governments to try completely blocking connections to overseas residential
addresses by default -- pushing a norm that there should just not be any
international pure peer-to-peer services).

If you do the circumvention in a more peer-to-peer fashion, perhaps there aren't
many people who know about the proxy and there aren't such a statistically
remarkable number of people connecting to it.

--
Seth Schoen  <sch...@eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/