On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Brian Conley <bri...@smallworldnews.tv>wrote:

> My goal is not to help every citizen who wants to look at cat videos or
> porn or share pictures of their lunch with their friends.

Lovely.

Amin and Nariman's goal seems to be making sure that Iranian public remains
connected for whatever purpose they want to enjoy the Internet, whether you
deem it worthy or not of your time. These rather demeaning and
self-aggrandizing comments of yours about political participation speak to
the substantive disconnect between portions of this community and purported
end beneficiaries.

More politely to my friends Nima and Nathan, I am averse to the fact that
there is little willingness to engage in an 'if not Tor, then what else?'
conversation. In part because in my experience without an answer to
'not-Tor,' people tend to end up in Hotspot Shield or ZenMate, as well as
the considerable difficulty that I foresee in educating that one-quarter of
one-half of 75 million people. I do wish we would have the opportunity to
talk about VPN Gate, as A.Chukin mentioned, as well as other contingencies,
but sadly this arose.

--
*Collin David Anderson*
averysmallbird.com | @cda | Washington, D.C.