On 2014-05-02 20:35, Andrew Cady wrote:
On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 05:22:11PM -0400, Griffin Boyce wrote:

  No, though I have two-factor authentication using a secure device
(not a cell phone), and I can't be vanned/rubber-hosed because I don't
actually know the password to my Google developer account.  Some
of this does require trust that I have a secure signing/uploading
environment.

If you can upload code -- with or without a password -- then you can be
forced to upload malicious code (assuming you are vulnerable to vans and
rubber hoses).

As could someone at Microsoft, Apple, or Canonical. My current system fails closed pretty hard, even in the case of, say, someone breaking into my apartment. The benefit of the project being open-source is that such a change wouldn't go unnoticed. And it's trivial to fetch the extension code from Google and compare it.

~Griffin