Well..

"NOT" using Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc. is not an option if you
really want to reach "the masses." If it were feasible to keep being
even a minimally effective activist, and not just Yet Another Nano
Protester, it would be too easy.

The question, in my opinion, would then be "how to use Twitter,
Facebook, Google, etc., in a manner that their apparent
<<unfriendliness>> towards free speech, privacy, liberty, is
reasonably mitigated, if not circumvented altogether."

The latter question is much harder. Good moment to remember Johann
Sebastian Bach's alleged "last words:" "Life is Hard!"

And, of course, like a good francophile, in closing, I drop a
quotation from Gilles Deleuze, which goes something like this: "il
faut reterritorialize the establishment to subvert it!"

Best Regards | Cordiales Saludos | Grato,

Andrés L. Pacheco Sanfuentes
<a...@acm.org>
+1 (347) 766-5008