Rich Kulawiec:

> Consider: if Twitter is so ready, willing and able to cave in to these
> demands, what possible reason is there to think that they won't give in
> just as quickly to *other* demands -- like for a data dump on all the
> users in a particular country or following particular accounts or using
> particular tags, including their login history with IP addresses, OS
> fingerprint, and everything else that they have on them?

to be fair, because they've fought those very attempts in court when
they had the option in the past. not that willing to do business in some
states is suspect, but there are examples in others where not only did
they go to court, but they warned the users as well.

regardless, to stop using twitter won't be an answer for many. they will
need to go wherever their peers/audience goes. i've been locked out a
number of times myself. my only issue with twitter is how long it has
taken them to unlock the account by sending me the confirmation e-mail.

--
gpg key - 0x2A49578A7291BB34
fingerprint - 63C4 E106 AC6A 5F2F DDB2 3840 2A49 578A 7291 BB34