The rumors I've been hearing from some of my IT Security friends are saying
disgruntled ex employees from either a division of Sony Pictures or a key
partner and Sony Pictures not taking steps to properly store admin
passwords.  Haven't noticed any news reports verifying these rumors.

In my opinion if it was ex employees, it would probably be better for them
if the blame was shifted to N Korea.  Most of the hackivist groups tend to
take some level of credit (although there is a chance this group has
learned from people from other groups getting caught).

At this point the only people who know for sure have been tight lipped (no
good evidence the US or Sony knows yet, N Korea probably loves the
attention, and if non nation-state actors are involved, none have taken
credit).  Depending on how good the hackers were and how well they can keep
a secret, we might never know the true identities of who did this.

-ITG (ITechGeek)
i...@itechgeek.com
https://itg.nu/
GPG Keys: https://itg.nu/contact/gpg-key
Preferred GPG Key: Fingerprint: AB46B7E363DA7E04ABFA57852AA9910A DCB1191A
Google Voice: +1-703-493-0128 / Twitter: ITechGeek / Facebook:
http://fb.me/Jbwa.Net