> I've tried to avoid commenting too much on Trump's election to avoid
> demonizing Republicans and people in my network who support him.

And that's fine, and noble, and nice of you.  But understand very,
VERY clearly: they will not hesitate to do that to you.

If you're not a (a) white (b) Christian (c) American citizen then you're
going to be targeted.  It's not a question of "if", only of "when".
(And some people who are all three will be targeted anyway: women,
LBGTQ, journalists, academics, scientists come to mind immediately.)

        When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag
        and carrying a cross.
                --- Sinclair Lewis

This current episode is just a test to see what kind of reaction ensues.
It's a probe for weaknesses.  It has NOTHING to do with stopping terrorism:
in fact, it's designed to increase the probability of attacks -- because
that will make subsequent steps much easier.  (Note the careful exemption
of majority-Muslim countries in which Trump owns hotels/resorts.)

---rsk