I'm not a sports fan, but I had the Lakers game on briefly last night, and I 
see what you mean.

Basketball is one of those professions that has thousands of failures for every 
success.  Music -- a profession I considered briefly -- is similar.

Parents from the most successful cultural groups usually prohibit their kids 
from pursuing professional sports.  It's too big a gamble.

Please note I am expressing observations on collectivist behavior, not 
advocating it.  I argue with all my non-libertarian friends against any 
government actions or laws based on anything other than the American individual.


From: gary popkin 
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:09 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Libertarian] Stop the War FOR Terror


Bob Giramma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
By what measure of success would the average be better for kids in urban 
Detroit vs. those in suburban Boston?

Achievement in basketball.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to