On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 01:15:25AM +0800, CandyMI <869646...@qq.com> wrote:
> When I tried to build libev based on "configure", it didn't try to detect if
> the system contains the following "linux/aio_abi.h" file Unless I build with
> "sh autogen.sh".
>

> Does this mean that using "./configure" alone is wrong?

Hi!

linux/aio_abi.h is not checked or used in any released version of libev,
so you must be using a CVS checkout, is this correct? If not, where did
you get your copy?

CVS does not contain a ./configure file, so where is your configure file
from?

When building for CVS, you indeed first need to generate a configure
script by running autogen.sh. The release tarballs would contain all the
necessary files pregenarated, and its configure scirpt should work.

So in short, in a release tarball, ./configure should work. In a CVS
checkout, there shouldn't be a configure script.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de