On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:46:19PM -0500, Nick Mathewson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> In case anybody here isn't watching the commits list [1], Niels
> applied a patch from Maxim Yegorushkin to make the timeout
> implementation based on a heap, rather than a RB-tree.  Thanks, Maxim!

Thats great news!

I just ran a course benchmark against libevent trunk (which has the
changes entry for the min_heap code and also references to it in the
code).

Its the same benchmark, except that I used less repeats and less x-axis
sampling points.

                 timers
1.3e  vs. libev: http://libev.schmorp.de/dat.t1.png
trunk vs. libev: http://data.plan9.de/trunk.t1.png

The libev results are virtually the same (ignoring some spikes).

It looks as if the libevent growth went down, however: libevevent now has
similar growth characteristics as libev (probably due to the heap).

Unfortunately, absolute timings are much worse now for libevent, the 1.3e
version is definitely faster.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]