Nick Mathewson wrote:
"A private type"?  What kind of thing do you mean here?
The struct just has a couple of integer fields and won't vary by platform, so
having a libevent struct that can be converted is probably easy enough.

All we really need is something that represents a time with a big enough
range and a decent resolution - I don't think a 'struct timeval' really needs
to be in the interface.
OTHER QUESTIONS:

Q1:

It sounds like you're winding up with project files that are better
than the ones we have.  Is that so?  Should we ship yours instead?

All I did was open in VS2008 Express and let it convert them.  Well, and
a couple of tweaks to the include paths etc. I got the impression that there
was some surgery going on for the directory structures etc.
(I'd try to reproduce your changes, but I always screw up Visual
Studio stuff whenever I touch it, and wind up making changes only to
the debug build, or adding absolute paths by mistake, or stuff like
that.)
Well, I do too. I tend to use the IDE for debugging and development only. Its why I'd
suggest looking at cmake or something else.
Q2:

Were you able to compile regress.exe in test?  That's the one with the
I didn't try.
Q3:

There are a bunch of other new files in Libevent 2.0 that may not be
in the old project files.  On win32, the libevent_core library should
contain:
OK. I'll try to find the time to have another look, but its not easy right now.

If you are more comfortable with make, why not just use nmake? Its not as if this is a
very complex project structure.

James