Nick Mathewson wrote:
[...]
> Yeah; I may have acted too dismissively to cmake initially.  I think
> it would be a mistake to _replace_ our autotools stuff with cmake in a
> 2.0.x timeframe, but if cmake is the best way to produce project files
> that make VS people happy, I'd be fine using cmake for that.
>
> [...]
>> If you are more comfortable with make, why not just use nmake?  Its not
>> as if this is a
>> very complex project structure.
>
> Sure, nmake would be fine too.  I'd love to include a good nmake file
> if anybody writes one.

For my work on MySQL Proxy (which uses libevent, sure) I use both:
* autotools for all the unixes
* cmake for windows

It is sometimes a pain as they are not always in sync, but both systems
have their unique features and are important, like autotools "make
distcheck" feature which does everything to verify that a build is good.
I usually use cmake for the development phase (it is faster to build
with cmake) and use automake and friends for the packaging and distribution.

cheers,
  Jan
--
 jan: "Gee, Brain^WEric, what'd you wanna do tonight?"
eric: Same thing we do everynight: Take over the HelloWorld!