On 09/30/22 13:52, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:56:40PM +0200, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

>>> Yes, that could be it.  The widget is rendered using CSS and the
>>> Adwaita CSS rule references "process-working-symbolic" as the
>>> icon, and that icon is only shipped in SVG format AFAICT.
>
> snip
>
>> I'm of the opinion that we should just get rid of metacity altogether,
>> and use icewm. I don't know why metacity is not working, but I consider
>> metacity a seriously substandard WM anyway, so let's just get rid of it?
>
> Note, icewm doesn't exist in RHEL, only EPEL.

Correct, but I don't see that as a problem, considering that the last
time we've officially "released" a p2v ISO, that was in the RHEL-7.6 (I
think) timeframe, the infrastructure needed for building the ISO even on
that major RHEL release does not exist any longer, and the only interim
solution we have right now is me building the binary on my workstation
and the ISO in a dedicated Fedora VM. For RHEL-9.2, it's theoretically
possible that the Image Builder service can accommodate our needs, but
then we're going to use custom repos anyway.

(I've just finished the commit message for the replacement, and yes I
mentioned EPEL9 there.)

Laszlo