On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 11:59:43AM +0000, Raja Ram Sharma wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thank you for the response, will set both handler and let you know.
>
> when we try to execute guestfs_mount_local.
> Getting below error :
>
> [ 2023-09-19 13:34:05 ]  errno: ( 0 ) : mount_local: unknown option 554101136
> (this can happen if a program is compiled against a newer version of
> libguestfs, then dynamically linked to an older version)

I attach what I said previously.

Rich.

> Setup details :
> OS : (PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2 (Ootpa)")
> Guesfs.h version : 1.50
> Guestfish version : guestfish
> 1.38.4rhel=8,release=15.module+el8.2.0+5297+222a20af,libvirt
>
> In Below scenario:
> 1. guestfs_mount_local_run
> 2. umount /mountpoint
> 3. Again, while trying to mount, after sleep of 20sec.
>

> Thanks
> RR

--- Begin Message ---
On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 03:55:24AM +0000, Raja Ram Sharma wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Wish you a happy weekend!
>
> Guestfs_launch fails after below error :
>       ^^^^
>       libguestfs: is_openable: /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
>       libguestfs: trace: get_backend_setting "force_tcg"
>       libguestfs: trace: get_backend_setting = NULL (error)
>       ^^^
> Same line has also printed in " LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct
> libguestfs-test-tool " at line $96-$98
>       ^^^
>       Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
>       qemu-kvm: failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory
>       ^^^

Thanks for providing the second output.

The above messages aren't errors.

I really need much more context.  I need to see the program that
you're trying to run, or a self-contained reproducer, and I also need
to see the _complete_ output from the program from start to finish,
not just small parts of it.

Rich.

nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit

--- End Message ---