Dear David,
thanks for your answer. In this case (nu=0.49995), first order elements
typically lock, but second order elements typically do not lock.
In fact many use second order lagrangian elements for nearly incompressible
materials. I wanted to use this example just to show that second order elements
are not inf-sup stable.
But the results I get running Ex4 are not "bad": in my opinion, they are
nonsense.
I wonder if the differences come from a different way of handling the boundary
conditions or from a bug in the assembly.
Let me know if you have any insight.
Thanks,
Simone

On Oct 13, 2016, at 12:00, David Knezevic