LibreOffice, like any application, is in a continuing process of gradual
change. Sometimes, these changes make bugs disappear - intentionally, or
incidentally due to other changes. It is important for developers to
know whether this has happened for a reported bug, because if it has:

* Developers would not try to look for the cause on the most current
version of the LibreOffice code.
* The priority for fixing the bug would likely be lower - as it will
most likely be "fixed" in the next release anyway by having gone away.
* Developers will have a better idea of where to look for the cause of
the bug - as they will know that recent changes have "touched" the code
somewhere which affects it.

Eyal