Hi Tor, * (now all, wrong button the first time...),

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqv...@novell.com> wrote:
>> Having lion doesn't force you to install the latest version of XCode, or
>> does it?
>
> Well, if you want to use Xcode 4.x, it must be Xcode 4.1 (the latest). An
> Xcode 4(.0) you had in 10.6 tells you to upgrade when you try to use it on
> 10.7.

If you take this position, the just moving the baseline to 10.5
doesn't work, you would have to raise the bar to intel-only (10.6 and
above), and that hopefully is out of the question.

> I haven't tried if one can run the IDE of Xcode 3.2.6 on Lion. (At least the
> command-line tools from it work fine.)

Mailing-list, blog posts, etc state this is a no-brainer, and also the
artificial installation check that prevents installation of 3.2.6 is
easily disabled.
After all Lion has no problem when updating from a previous version
that had 3.2.6 installed, it won't prevent you from using it (again
judging from mailinglist/blog posts, no own experience with Lion)

two blogs with inststruction on how to disable the check that prevents
installation of 3.2.6
http://catacombae.blogspot.com/2011/07/installing-xcode-326-in-mac-os-x-lion.html
http://anatomicwax.tumblr.com/post/7906770311/installing-xcode-3-2-6-on-lion

ciao