OpenGrok says that:

GetDomainName is only used by
  GetYPDomainName
in the same file

which in turn is only used by
 const rtl::OUString& SubstitutePathVariables_Impl::GetYPDomainName()
in
  /core/framework/source/services/substitutepathvars.cxx

which in turn is only used by
  bool SubstitutePathVariables_Impl::FilterRuleSet( const
SubstituteRuleVector& aRuleSet, SubstituteRule& aActiveRule )
in the same file.

and that particular codepath in that method is only referenced when the
  enum EnvironmentType {
      ET_YPDOMAIN
constant is used.

which in turn is not used anywhere in the LO codebase.