On 11/09/2011 09:45 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
So, I think I will just introduce a new LibreOffice-minimal-version
dependency after all.

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8a993919377f0b602b7db88d1de6696b21a11cbf> does that, see <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Extension_Development> for details.

Developers of products derived from LO beware: The value of the LO reference version (against which the actual values in such extension dependencies are compared) is taken from the /org.openoffice.Setup/Product/ooSetupVersionAboutBox configuration item (as that, unlike ooSetupVersion, contains all of major, minor, micro), which in turn obtains its value from the ABOUTBOXPRODUCTVERSION variable defined in instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst. If you change that value to no longer match the value for the underlying LO reference version, you need to adapt the code in desktop/deployment/misc/dp_dependencies.cxx accordingly.

Stephan