On 11/15/2011 05:33 PM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
Actually, the first times I tried to install the extension, I got an
empty error dialog (I assumed it was an error dialog), and the system
froze.
More recently, I tried a more recent version of the extension, and this
time I got the error dialog with the puzzling DeploymentException. I
opened a command line and did "ps -ax" and killed one of the processes
(I can't remember which one). However, this only worked because I had
not wasted time copying the text in a text editor - which is what I did
the first time. Apparently, it was important to kill the process that
spawned the error dialog before it froze up the complete OS.

This all happened in LibreOffice 3.3.4 [OOO330m19 (Build:401)] on Ubuntu
11.04 (Natty Narwhal) inside VirtualBox.

Cannot reproduce this with current master-towards-3.5 build on Fedora 15 x86_64: Built the active.oxt from desktop/test/deployment/active (that contains a Java component that needs active Java registration during extension deployment) and removed ure/share/java/ridl.jar from the LO installation set. Both "soffice active.oxt" and "unopkg gui active.oxt" display an error dialog but do not freeze.

Stephan