On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 23:11 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:
> I see them for some controls but not for all, especially not for
> maLBEdgeStyle.

> (1) What they are used for?

Well, they're probably intended for accessibility support anyway, e.g.
screenreaders. Not sure however whether they're generic things which
could be explored under Linux with accessibility enabled on your desktop
and Orca, or if they're true "IAccessibility" things specifically for
windows accessibility.

> (2) Why they are set for some controls but not for all?

The IAccessiblity2 stuff was originally IBM sponsored IIRC. Couple of
announcements a few years ago that it would be integrated into
OpenOffice.org, I think that some of it did get integrated in eventually
before Oracle pulled out of OOo, but quite possibly the a11y stuff
lagged far behind the other code changes over the years and its simply
out of sync. e.g. a11y based on 1.X.y/2.X.Y OOo merged into a 3.X.Y OOo

> (3) Do I have to define such a string for my new linecap style list box?

Not sure, can't hurt anyway :-)

C.