Hi Christophe,

Christophe Strobbe schrieb:
Hi Regina,

At 23:11 21-11-2011, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi all,

I have started to implement the attribute "stroke-linecap".

I assume this refers to svg:stroke-linecap (�20.164 in the ODF 1.2 spec,
which refers to stroke properties in the SVG spec:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/painting.html#StrokeProperties>).

Yes.

I come across "IAccessibility2" in files
/core/cui/source/tabpages/tabline.hrc
/core/cui/source/tabpages/tabline.src
There are some string resources defined like
#define STR_END_LENGTH 41
Some are commented out in lines 125 to 134 in tabline.hrc. Such string
resources are used in method SetAccessibleName in
/core/cui/source/tabpages/tpline.cxx

SetAccessibleName is a method that exists in several accessibility APIs,
e.g.
* ATK: atk_object_set_name:
<http://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable/AtkObject.html#atk-object-set-name>
* Java:
<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/accessibility/AccessibleContext.html#setAccessibleName%28java.lang.String%29>

* Microsoft: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776383.aspx>:
"IAccessibleObject::SetAccessibleName method"

So it is a comprehensive concept.

I see them for some controls but not for all, especially not for
maLBEdgeStyle.

(1) What they are used for?
(2) Why they are set for some controls but not for all?
(3) Do I have to define such a string for my new linecap style list box?

I don't know what the "accessible name" for a stroke-linecap would be
(i.e. when it is present in ODF content). However, if you are referring
to a list box where an author can choose between different
stroke-linecap styles, I would definitely give those options an
accessible name (e.g. butt cap, round cap and square cap, which I found
in the SVG spec).

Those are already strings, which will be localized. I have no application to test, whether this is sufficient. But I guess it will, because otherwise people would have complained in a lot of other places where list boxes are used.

I think I postpone this special detail until the rest is finished and there is a product that can be tested in connection with an accessibility application.

I hope this helps.

Yes, I had not been aware, that the concept is not special for LibO/OOo.

Kind regards
Regina