Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:57:12 GMT
From: "Chris Weinbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Could someone check their BIOS...


Thanks Lawrence.

I'm pretty sure this is the route I've followed so far; but I need to double 
check the exact driver set from Toshiba.  The file is 780fir98.exe -so I'll 
check again.

What's been so confusing is the lack of any reference to Ir anywhere in 
Windows.  It does sound as if others have resolved this problem in the past 
-but Windows has yet to allow me to specify the driver I want or recognize 
that there is a Toshiba driver available.

Still love my Libretto, though!

I picked up a CaseLogic CD player bag that carries everything great.  I 
can't believe how heavy my Thinkpad now seems.

Chris


>
>Try to remove any devices listed under Infrared Device, Ports, Network
>adapter that has anything to do with infrared. Then install the FIR driver
>(Toshiba FIR type-o). Windows98 comes with the driver. Win98 should then
>automatically install all the other windows infrared components for you.
>Just remember you need FIR (Fast IR) device, not SIR.
>

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to