Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:32:49 +0000
From: Libretto List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: infrared

on 21/9/00 1:28 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:10:37 +0800
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: infrared
>
> I no longer have a Nokia 6110 to play around with. Maybe Dave would like
> to try this out. The phone do not really comply with IrDa standard and the
> success would depend on whether you can get Win95 to install a `generic serial
> IR port' with  a physical COM port allocated to it like COM2 or COM3.

That what the Windows 95 IR driver seems to do, but it uses the sme physical
com port as the libretto docking station is assigned to.

> wouldn't work if what you have is just `Virtual Infrared COM Port' under
> yuor device list.

How would you get that up?

> I might be mistaken but IIRC, I did used tosir95.exe on my ex-Lib 60 to get
> it to work with the 6110 phone but it doesn't work on the Lib 110.

Do you still have the file, or a link to it? Toshiba's site seems to be
missing it.

> Dave ... if you do try this, please post the result afterwards. Thanks in
> advance.

If I get this to work, I'll be posting bottle of champange out to everyone
on the list fir their help! =O)

Cheers

Dave