Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:18:40 +0900
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Outlook default browser problem

Fran,

your advice is too terse for my understanding.
Which file names are you talking about?
File names in the registry for programs to be executed?
I am not sure where to look for settings
because it looks like there are many places
with settings that affect how OE works.

I can change the way OE opens the attached .jpg file
by opening Explorer/View/Folder Options/File Types/
selecting the entry for .jpg files and replacing
IE with netscape in the "Open" command. That works.

But I am not sure what to change for the http: links.
"Netscape Hypertext Document" already claims HTM HTML XBM SHTML.
In OE, opening http: links with those file types
opens the local C:\ drive.

I do not know where to search and what to search for.
There are too many entries in the registry starting with C:\

/ken