Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:20:40 +1200
From: Fran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Preferred version of Linux on 110?

I've been very happy with Slackware on my 110.

4.3Gb Linux, 0.0Gb for Windows :)

Fran
:):):)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:25, you wrote:
> Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:19:13 +0200
> From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Preferred version of Linux on 110?
>
> neil barnes a �crit :
> > I can't speak for the 110 'cos I'm poor and can only afford 50s...but
> > I've been very happy with mandrake 6.1 and 7.1 - both of which will
> > load from a hard disk image (provided you've done all the partitioning
> > first). M7.2 has been fine on the desktop but doesn't like to install
> > with 32M of memory or less, M8 is too fresh to be certain but it seems
> > ok on the desktop.
>
> With the 110 and its 64M memory, no problem.
> MAndrake is better than RedHat, because it can be installed
> directly from the CD to the Libretto, with the PCMCIA floppy image.
> I used a Frecomm Traveller PCMCIA CD for the 7.2,
> and a SCSI CD with Adaptec 1460B for the 8.0.
>
> I bought an Ibm DJSA-220Hd for mu libretto (20GB)
> and partition it with fdisk because I wanted to have this partition
> /dev/hda10         1017      1027     88326   a0  Hibernation Thinkpad
> IBM at this exact location.
>
> After the recommanded installation,
> edit lilo.conf and Xf86config, and it runs fine.
>
>
>
>
> **************************************************************
> http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
> http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
> http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
>                  -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
>           --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
> Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
> **************************************************************




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to