Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 06:45:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

On Sun, 21 April 2002, "Gennadiy Tsygan" wrote

> Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:08:48 -0400
> From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110
>
> I guess that Windows overrides the BIOS because
selection has no effect
> while in Windows. I checked the power button before
OS was loaded and it
> worked as you said. Still have no idea why
"hardware"hibernation doesn't
> work under Windows. I used a L100 before, it had
WinXP loaded on a second
> partition. Once it went into hibernation and killed
the XP completely. Bu my
> current L110 just doesn't hibernate.

How hibernate works will also depend on your OS. Win9x
uses BIOS hibernation to the hidden hibernation
partition, while Win2K creates a file to hibernate, and
ignores the BIOS. I think Win2K will only hibernate
using BIOS when battery power is exhausted.

The last time I installed Win9x on my L100, it took
some time to get hibernation to even show up under
power save settings. Had to make sure I had the correct
power save drivers from Toshiba.