Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:31:55 +0000
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Non standard i/o port

>Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:27:08 +0200
>From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [LIB] Non standard i/o port
>
>Raymond a écrit :

> > I do know that between the L100/110 era and more recent laptops, Toshiba
> > changed a pile of stuff for power management. For instance, newer
>laptops
> > hibernate to a file on the file system called toshiber.sys (I think its
> > .sys anyway) and you can delete that file whenever you like, when it
> > hibernates it'll recreate it on the file system where there is room
>without
> > blowing away stuff.
> >

>Not found this on L110
>And this suppose a greater interaction between the BIOS and one dedicated
>OS
>Which OS ?

I think this applies to later machines than the 110 - dunno about other
librettos but I'm told that portege and tecras use it. They have some
perverse idea that users will be using micros~1 on them.

I wonder if that means that the bios knows about vfat and ntfs filesystems,
or if it just throws an interrupt at the OS - in which case linux should be
able to catch it, if someone smarter than me writes a driver...

I'm probably going to end up with a dual boot machine anyway, when/if the
libretto gets upgraded to something with a larger screen.

Neil