Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:51:40 -0500
From: "John Musielewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Rebuilding the 1200mAh PA2452A for 70CT

I almost finished the battery I am rebuilding with the 2000 mAh LG Chem
li-ion cells. I have run into two problems. One, even though they come with
solderable tabs the old batteries are 54 mm long. So the tabs are pretty
useless since soldering them together plus the wiring didn't fit for me. I
took the batteries to batteries plus and asked nicely and they welded the
middle of the cells together so all there is is a wire going to the board
and the batteries will fit legthwise in the case. The second problem is they
are too high to fit nicely in the case even with all the crap removed from
inside. So I think I will have to cut a hole in the bottom so the batteries
have some room. Other than that I just need to find out if they explode when
I try to plug them in and try to charge them. Hope they don't.

John