Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:24:52 +0000
From: "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 50/70 plug dimensions part# needed

Guess I was the only one posting last night... by mid afternoon here mu posts hadn't come back, so I sent a note out to Dan who I guess has fixed things.

I didn't see anything in your second post on a corrected sizes for these plugs John. Do you have any other info that may help?

Meanwhile, here's what I just sent Neil privately if anyone can help determine the size for the 50/70 power connectors, and/or where to find that 'female' inline connector:
---------------------------------------

Hey Neil,

Hmm... the list server seems to be stuck again, as my posts there of last night haven't come back.

Your dimensions for the 50/70 power plug of 2.5mm centre hole, 6.25mm outer diameter, 9mm length were a good launch point. But I've run into snags finding the right beast. Maybe your dimensions may need tweaking, at least for locating the 'female' connetor I'm after.

I can't find any specifications you list for the plugs found on the CPC website besides the 2.5mm pin/hole for both connetors. I see nothing for barrel length and o.d.. And I've not had much luck searching the web, other than determining that the plugs are sometimes referred to as "coaxial plugs".

Dr Xin lists a couple different dimensions on his page for building an external battery pack:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/battery/battery.htm

At the top of the page talking about making a jack splitter for the L50, he says:

"The plug size is 6/3 mm and one of the two jacks should match it. The other jack can be the size to match this plug or the one you'll add to the external battery."

6/3?? I'm not quite sure what he's talking about here with regards to "one of the two jacks" that I assume are the 2 pictured there.

But further down where he talks about the igniter converter, cable and battery, he refers to a "6.5/2.5 mm jack" for what it seems I call the 'female' plug, and "6.3/3.0 mm coaxial power plugs" on the Radio Shack cable that I call the 'male' plug.

So do the dimensions of 6.5mm i.d. for socket & 2.5mm inner pin for the 'female' jack sound right? And then 6.3mm od of barrel & 3.0mm id for the coaxial power plug?

If so... and I'm looking for a 6.5mm x 2.5mm 'female' jack, I'm still having problems finding it. And I came up with nothing seaching the HSC and Radio Shack websites for the product numbers Xin lists.

Matt