Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:56:15 -0500
From: "Anthony Oresteen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Win 98 SE or Win2K in a Libretto 100?

I have found Win98 to be  faster and easier to manage on machines that are
slower than 300MHz than Win2K.  Win2K is my preferred OS; I have 6 computers
running it.  At work I use XP Pro. Win2K really prefers 128MB RAM.  It will
run in 64 mb but it is swapping all the time.

When using slower old Pentium machines you need to use older versions of
software as many times the latest software versions assume a 300mhz PIII.
machine and 128mb RAM minimum.

Many times older versions of apps won't run properly under XP or Win2K.

The only application that I would like to use with my L100CT that doesn't
run under Win98 is Apple's iTunes.

Everything that I use runs under Win98SE.

I wanted to run QuickVerse 2005 on my L100CT but it will not run in 64MB RAM
on a 233 MHz machine.  I went to ebay and found version 7 of QuickVerse
which runs just fine (two releases old).

My vote is for Win98SE.
Tony Oresteen
KG4SPA
407-469-2818 home