Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:24:50 -0800
From: John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] battery check

Someone needs to tell you what to do...

First, you (john-photoengineering) didn't answer Carval's question.  They
asked what the contacts were.  You may answer the question they asked, but
you didn't do that.  If you don't know, (as is obvious you often do not in
other threads) there is nothing wrong with not knowing.  It is ok, we are
all here to learn or share what we have learned.
Second, Carval CAN tell you to not reply posts.  There is nothing to stop
you from doing so, but, in fact, Carval can tell you anything they wish.
 (e.g. "boy-oh you don't tell me what to do.")
I have read this entire archive since the beginning and I have never seen a
person as smartass and reactive as you here on this Libretto site.  Maybe
they got removed, or maybe they grew up a bit and learned to be helpful
without talking down to those with less knowledge.  Your "off on a tangent"
type responses (not answers) often do not even directly relate to the
questions asked, as in this case.  e.g. "you do NOT just connect li-ion
cells to an ohmmeter to test the resistance."  Carval SAID "which ones do I
used to test for voltage."  The device is called an ohm-meter.  You didn't
read or comprehend the question.  You just jumped on Carval like a child.
Third, Carval is correct... you (john-photoengineering) scolded, you didn't
just offer information.  "if you have to ask that you don't know enough to
test them".  That is name calling, if you need it clarified.  Again, you
may answer the question, if you know the answer, and then suggest it might
be dangerous due to the nature of LI batteries, but all this other crap you
seem to think is a reply you need to keep to yourself.  It is unlikely you
will read this post anyway.  I have already blocked your emails anyway, so
I don't care what your response might be.
Fourth, the irony of your response to carval... you call them a "dummy" and
"ignorant".  Then you determine their capabilities with "something you
shouldn't touch " and "you don't have the skills".  How would you know?
 There is not enough information in Carval's post for you to determine what
they are capable of.  You assume more than anyone I have ever seen here on
this libretto site.
Fifth, All this attacking and name calling nature of yours is unacceptable
most anywhere in the world.  In person you would be "corrected" through
assault should you be abusive as you are here on this system.  This is just
one disadvantage to systems like this, allowing people like yourself being
able to hide behind keyboards and monitors.

(almost done)

Nearly everyone here has always been so helpful, non-judgmental, and in
general thorough, I really cringe every time I see one of your reactive
childish posts.  Maybe you think you are trying to be funny, but in person,
you would be stopped... and it would probably hurt.  I believe a post like
the forwarded letter you sent to the satellite service provider deserves
your removal from this system... but lucky for you (sad for the rest of us)
I don't control it.

You may be intelligent and knowledgeable and it may serve you well, but
this site seems to be a place for people who are knowledgeable, people who
wish to increase their knowledge, and those with intelligence that wish it
to serve others well also.  Note that these things are all without being
abusive or talking down to others.  If you look around, there are some VERY
knowledgeable people here, who have never once been rude to least
knowledgeable people here.  This could be a model for you... maybe you
(john-photoengineering) could learn more than just about librettos here...
maybe you could learn a bit about kindness and or sharing without all the
abusive, smart-ass remarks.

Maybe you can tell from this post that I am trying to be helpful to you
(john-photoengineering) without being abusive.  I hope I don't get removed
from the system for being off topic though.  ; )

Kind regards,

John Martin