Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] speed gain using flash card

The main problem a solid state drive helps is the heat
issue when using a hard drive besides speed. I would
think it would work great on a 70 and since you
install in the IDE port you only need drivers if you
wanted to use the secondary drive as virtual memory.

One thing, virtual memory is supposed to be run from a
secondary disk anyway utherwise it doesn't really work
well.

The Sandisk Extreme IV is supposed to have write
speeds of 40MB/s so even if we get only half that it
is close to 1/3 of the RAM system which is 60MB/s

that is pretty fast.

john