On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:47:27 -0700, Greg KH said:

>No, you are forcing me to change my program to have it build with your
>change, you should do it the other way around.  If you want programs to
>use your library, make it so that they don't have to be changed at all.
>
>And if I'm going to be forced to change my program, and libusbx has now
>shown that they don't care about their public api, well, I might as well
>just rewrite it to remove that dependancy completly, as it's obvious
>they don't know how to treat their users.

I hesitate to participate in this thread, as I don't like flame wars, but a
piece of honest constructive criticism: if your project depends on libusbx (or
any other project) why did you not try the release candidates to catch this
problem before release?  Was the RC period too short?  Were you unaware of it?

Cheers,

Sean