Hi -

On page 14 of the ToDo tutorial here:

http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/0d99974c622262d5#

after I edit the file 'src/main/webapp/index.html' so that it now
reads:

<lift:surround with="default" at="content">
<lift:Util.out>Please
<lift:menu.item name="Login">Log In</lift:menu.item>
</lift:Util.out>
</lift:surround>

and I stop jetty (Ctl-C) and then recompile/restart with 'mvn
jetty:run'...

I get the following error in the browser on the first screen:

XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Location: http://localhost:8080/
Line Number 4, Column 1:Please

If I remove the word "Please" from that file, I get a different error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it.
The document tree is shown below.

If I replace my '~\jetty\webapps\todo' directory with the *completed*
todo.tgz archive supplied with the tutorial (thereby skipping ahead a
few steps in the tutorial) and recompile/restart, it works fine. But
if I create these steps myself, I keep getting these XML errors.

Any suggestions? Am I missing a file somewhere?

Thanks!

- Stefan Scott