Hi Sean,

I've been using Lift + Buildr for a while now and I'm pretty happy with
both.

See some comments below.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Sean Reque <seanre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> =begin
> Differences between maven pom.xml and this buildr file:
>
> 1.  I could not get buildr to build this project without setting
>    my environment variable SCALA_HOME to point to my scala
> distribution.

This is a documented requirement for the Buildr Scala support.
http://buildr.apache.org/languages.html#scala

Unlike the Maven2 plugin, Buildr relies on your local Scala installation
instead of downloading the Scala jars from a repo.  Both approaches have
advantages/disadvantages.

> 2.  Many jars had to be specified manually that did not need not
> specified in the maven pom.xml

Correct, Buildr does not yet support transitive dependencies, so you have to
specify all dependencies explicitly.

3.  They jetty plugin seems to force it's own version, 6.1.3, though
> the  source code documentation tauntingly suggests a way to specify
> your own version

Did you try adding "build.yml" next to your Buildfile with "jetty: 6.1.15"
in it?

I tend to use an external Jetty with an exploded
war<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/How+to+explode+a+.war+file>.
I find this easier to setup a separate Jetty configuration (e.g., memory,
environment, datasources, commons jars, javarebel, etc.) and basically use
the same environment for development and production.

I also have a fork <http://github.com/aboisvert/liftweb/tree/buildr> of Lift
where I builld everything through buildr, although some tests still fail (I
believe mostly related to Jetty continuations so must be an environment
setup issue) and I still have a push a few things to it...  Not enough time
right now to play with Lift...

alex