@Heiko:

Im not sure we would need to lookup snippets, as the module creator could
just register them with LiftRules right? (think DispatchSnippet etc)

@all:

I think we need to take a step back here a second: Everyone wants a plugin
system, but not everyone wants OSGi (specifically the overhead /
complexity). So we have two routes as I see it - OSGi, and non-OSGi. We need
to define what we want from both and what value it will add for library
implementers.

Right now we have LiftRules.addToPackages("com.mypackage"), we discussed
having:

LiftRules.addToPackages(com.mypackage) - where the argument is the actual
package to add type safety. Why don't we have something like:

LiftRules.addToEnviroment(com.mypackage), and the com.mypackage conforms to
a known standard / format with some special traits that we call loading
methods on.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Tim