What's the reason to have a new module (lift-base)? Why not put Actor to
lift-util and keep Box where it is?
In your branch def !?(timeout: Long, param: T) will return an Option.
Shouldn't this be a Box?

Heiko

--
Heiko Seeberger

My job: weiglewilczek.com
My blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net