2009/9/30 Josh Suereth <joshua.suer...@gmail.com>:
> As much as I agree with your decision, it just makes me sad.   I know lots
> of people that learned scala for "actors are the way of the future".... I
> think we need to push harder.  Hopefully all major projects migrating off
> actors will give EPFL a wake up call?

This is the reason I created Akka, to have a standard platform for
Actors with all the things one need to write production applications.
Akka already have 4 committers and honestly, looking at the pace EPFL
has had with bugfixing, features etc I think they will have a very
hard time keep up with what the market needs. I have unfortunately
given up up the Scala Actors library. I need the things Akka
implements now and don't have time to wait indefinitely.

--
Jonas Bonér

twitter: @jboner
blog:    http://jonasboner.com