David,

> > Philipp did the 2.7.4 release which did not address the issue.  The 2.7.5
> > release was supposed to address the issue, but the use of LiftActorsmasked
> > the issue until the above issue was raised.  I left my 2.7.5 related
> > discussions with Philipp with the impression that the java.util.concurrent
> > library was being used for thread pooling rather than the FJ library.  On
> > this, I backed out the Lift Actor changes from powering Lift's CometActors
> > (LiftActorspower the long polling part of Lift).
>
> So, I guess there was a mis-understanding. 2.7.5 tried to fix several
> issues related to memory leakage; however, it did not replace the use
> of the FJ library. This was, however, done in trunk a couple of weeks
> before 2.7.5 was released. At the time of JavaOne (beginning of June),
> the plan was still to release (a beta of)Scala2.8 in July.

Just to be clear, I am really sorry for how things went. I was just
trying to reconstruct some of the events that seem important to me. Of
course, I have to be blamed for the decisions I have taken. Honestly,
if I would have known better, I would have done things differently.

Otherwise, I apologize if I didn't get the balance of my response
right; I tried to provide some helpful input. Sorry if it wasn't
appropriate.

Regards,
Philipp