Hi Martin and Philipp.

Thanks for your email. What you are saying sounds great. I love Scala
Actors and I know its an important thing that brings people over to
Scala.

I hope that I didn't offend you. You have done amazing things with and
for Scala. I really respect you guys.

But I saw and felt the need for something like Akka and went away and build it.

What you say about the trade-offs in Actor expressiveness is really
true. I (and David I think) have not seen that much need for nested
receive/react and therefore I have not included in the impl but rather
focussing on other things that I find more important.

This articles sums it up pretty well:
http://erikengbrecht.blogspot.com/2009/06/pondering-actor-design-trades.html

Looking forward to 2.8 and the new actor impl.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Bonér

twitter: @jboner