I was thinking more that if you're duplicating efforts, why not use
those efforts to help Jorge move ScalaTime forward simultaneously?

I haven't found any problems with ScalaTime being pre-1.0. It just means
that not all Joda functionality is available in ScalaTime, and sometimes
you need to use JodaTime directly. It's not like it crashes. Jorge has
done a superb job.

I am using ScalaTime with Lift on production sites. (And persisting it
in Hibernate as well, using a joda-hibernate library that isn't quite
1.0 either, IIRC.)

Food for thought, anyway.

Chas.