Chris,

SiteMap deals with what pages you are saying should be visible. Here,
I term "page" as the physical xhtml  file that represents the stuff
the users sees - its a file on your system.

Rewritten URLs dont need to feature in SiteMap because lift is clever
enough to know that the page you are rewriting to already has (or has
not) been allowed access via sitemap.

Sounds like your trying to add rewritten URLs to your sitemap?

Cheers, Tim

PS: Jeppe, thanks for the link recycling!!