Derek,

I'd love to see your excellent talents pointed toward a ticketing system.
 Think the idea of a ticketing system that's less modal and a lot more ajaxy
(and comety with live updates) would be a stellar thing to show off Lift's
goodies... plus I think it would lead to improving/enhancing Lift.

Good for it and whatever support I can give, I'm there!

Thanks,

David

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Derek Chen-Becker <dchenbec...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>     I feel like I need to take a break from working *on* Lift for a little
> while, but I'd like to do something with my time that would still benefit
> Lift. Since we had a recent discussion on ticketing systems, and we had
> talked a long time ago about dogfooding a ticket system, I thought that this
> might make a good project to work on. I like the simplicity of the GitHub
> issue tracking, but I think it's missing some important things:
>
>    1. Email notifications
>    2. Duplicate tracking
>    3. Release planning fields like milestones, etc
>
> I do like the integration with Git commit hashes and other intelligent
> hyperlinking in the comment space, but I'm on the fence as to whether I like
> using tags as a generic tool for things like ownership and component
> classification. I could probably be persuaded either way. In any case, does
> this seem like a good project, and if so, do people have requirements,
> suggestions, comments, etc. on the functionality that should be in it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derek

Surf the harmonics