I had actually thought about the upgrade paths for DB schemas and I was
thinking of coding up a schema executor that would store a schema version in
the db and could then be used to apply appropriate "diff" or "clean" schemas
against the DB as needed. I think schemifier generally does a very good job,
but this would give more control over exactly what's going on in the DB. As
for the custom fields, I think it sounds interesting but I think I want to
start with the basic fields as I have them defined and I can look at it more
in phase 2.

Derek