Hi,

Marius wrote:
> On Nov 18, 6:31 pm, Paul Butcher <p...@paulbutcher.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm seriously considering Lift for a new project. I know what the
>> benefits of Scala and Lift are (that's why I'm seriously considering
>> this as a route forwards :-) What I'm wondering is whether there are
>> any lurking nasties that I should be aware of (so that I can avoid
>> learning about them the hard way).
>>

> Not sure if there is any. One thing though Lift's session state is
> kept in memory and not serialized in the DB. Session serialization is
> a bit tricky since we keep the bound functions on the session state.
> Those functions are in many cases anonymous function that may hold
> other references which are not serializable. Even if everything is
> serializable using Java serialization is likely suboptimal. But
> keeping the sessions in memory and have a session affinity load
> balancing is a very good choice from performance perspective.

There are people playing around with Terracotta
(http://www.terracotta.org/web/display/orgsite/Platform) and Lift. There
seems to be some success regarding actors running on a cluster. No idea
if Terracotta plays well with Lift session handling. There's only an
unanswered post in the ML archive on that.

Regards,
Eros