Paul,

I think this thread contains the key dragons in Lift.  Basically, it boils
down to: Lift is highly stateful... that has its pluses and minuses.  We're
working on mitigating the minuses (session replication and persistence).

But one of the key things to keep in mind regarding Lift is how we as a
community handle problems.  One of the biggest, nastiest bugs in Lift-land
crept into the code in the last few days:
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/558280f51666972f/0291e1224f0f0ce8?hl=en#0291e1224f0f0ce8.
Sessions were getting destroyed seemingly randomly.  Please look at how the
problem was dealt with.  There will be bugs in Lift in the future.  You can
expect that they will be dealt with in the future in the same way.  What you
will hear from the Lift developers is that we stand behind Lift and when
there are problems, we stand behind fixing them.  In terms of Scala the
language, EPFL has a very similar attitude.  We will do what it takes to
support the folks who bet their careers and companies on Lift right on down
to the JVM.

Thanks,

David

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Paul Butcher <p...@paulbutcher.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone - that's exactly the kind of information that I was
> looking for.
>
> Now all I need to do is persuade my colleagues that selecting a young
> technology (again) is a good idea ;-)
>
> Thanks again,
>
> paul.butcher->msgCount++

Surf the harmonics