Another possibility is to specify scala as a system dependency in Lift's
pom:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#System_Dependencies

Then hard code the path that scalac's being built into.
put maven in offline mode as well, and it should be nice and quick.

--
Kevin Wright

mail/google talk: kev.lee.wri...@googlemail.com
wave: kev.lee.wri...@googlewave.com