Hey ZmnSCPxj,

Am I correct in understanding that this is a proposal to change the spec
(maybe add a new BOLT) so that all lightning implementations can try to
support this feature.

If the above is true, then I'm wondering: could a Lightning-based escrow
system be implemented that doesn't require to modify the existing
implementations? Maybe if we simplify the requirements a bit? Like,
removing the "Escrow only learns of dispute cases, never learns non-dispute
case" aspect? That is, the third-party S always knows about an escrow
between A and B taking place.

I understand that the above requirement is a good to have, but if removing
it allows a simpler version of escrow be implemented, then at least there
could be an interim solution for non-custodial exchanges to start adopting
this (otherwise they have to resort to custodial-based escrows, which is
worse than lacking the escrow privacy brought by the requirement above).

Thanks