> <pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com <mailto:pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com>>:
> Hi Dan,
> At least you'll find a workaround here:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=861
> <http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=861>
> On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:43 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider
> <pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> One silly question: Does that change anything if you don't force the A
> natural sign; e.g.:
> ??
> Cheers,
> Pierre

Pierre, I appreciate your stab at a work-around. While the LSR you mentioned
does help get all the note heads in the right spot, the major side effect is
that the 8th note beams disappear. So that I could “go to press”, I did use
that code, however, and graphically inserted some beams into the final PDF. Not
ideal, to be sure … but it was better than the alternative!

And no, removing the forced A natural sign doesn’t change anything.

> <mailto:davide.lie...@gmail.com>>:
> > Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the enclosed problem in a minimal example
> > because the same code works fine in a file by itself.
> "Minimal example" means that if you remove anything the problem is
> gone, so if the code works in what you call a minimal example, that
> was *not* a minimal example for your problem: sometimes bugs are
> encountered only in long scores.

Davide, I do understand the concept of a minimal example … it’s just that I
couldn’t get to that point. I really had tried myriad things to isolate the
issue. In the past, I have spent weeks working on some little (but important)
problems and usually I find the solution before seeking help from the list. I
just didn’t have weeks to spend this time, and this particular problem seemed
so random in comparison. If you really want to see the score, send me a private
note, but, as I’ve mentioned above, I had to finish it so I could move on to
other things. Unsolved mysteries are irksome, though!

Best wishes,